Physical activity is important for a healthy and balanced lifestyle regardless of if you are a person with diabetes or not.
The benefits of participating in regular physical activity for people with diabetes include:
- Maintenance or loss of weight
- Reduction of stress levels
- Improved mood, mental activity and sleep patterns
- Reduction of cholesterol levels
- Reduction of blood pressure
- Achievement of target blood glucose levels
As each person’s needs and lifestyle are different. Our Exercise Physiologist will work with you every step of the way to create activity programs that suit you.