Our bolus advisor meter service is available to people with type 1 or type 2 diabetes on multiple daily injections (also known as basal or bolus therapy) who are seeking greater flexibility in their eating habits, as well as gaining tighter blood glucose control.
Also referred to as bolus calculators, bolus advisor blood glucose meters can
- recommend an accurate dose of insulin based on:
- Your current blood glucose level
- The amount of carbohydrate in the food you are about to eat
- The amount of insulin still working from your previous injection
- Your target blood glucose level
- Any health events happening (e.g. sick days)
- Exercise you have done or plan to do
Accurate carbohydrate counting is a requirement for safe use of all of the features of bolus advisor blood glucose meters. Our Detitians at Perth Diabetes Care are able to work with your diabetes educator to ensure you are ready to start carbonydrate counting.